History of Saint Vincent Pallotti Catholic School
In 1923, a Pallotine priest, Peter Schroeder, founded Saint Anthony’s mission church. After that, another Pallotine priest, Father Joseph DeMaria, under Father Schroeder’s direction, built the Saint Anthony of Padua School building.
In 1949, a new high school building was constructed just south of the Pallotti property and the high school moved. This building has served as the site for Pius XI High School since then.
At this point, Father DeMaria converted the building to what was then known as Saint Anthony of Padua Parish School to teach Kindergarten through Eighth grades.
Saint Anthony’s endured for over 40 years, when in 1998, a merger with Holy Cross Parish created what is now known as Saint Vincent Pallotti Catholic School.